WORLD WILDLIFE SANCTUARIES
WALK 4 WILDLIFE (“W4W”)
TERMS and CONDITIONS
1. In these Terms and Conditions:
“Applicant” means each and every person who participates in the Event with WWS’s consent and who has duly made application to walk in the Event subject to and conditional upon these Terms and Conditions,
“Designated Starting Point” means the starting point designated by WWS as the starting point on the day and at the time for a particular section of the Walk;
“Event” means the Event organized by or for WWS and known as Walk 4 Wildlife or W4W;
“Junior Applicant” means a person who has not yet attained the age of 18 years at the date of his or her application to walk in the Event;”
“participating in the Event” or “participation in the Event” includes participating by walking in the Event or any Section thereof, travelling to participate in the Event or travelling home or elsewhere after participating in the Event and every other activity in which you, the Applicant, may undertake in relation to or in any way associated with the Event;
“WWS” means World Wildlife Sanctuaries Limited (ACN 163 370 134)
a public company limited by guarantee registered in Australia and includes its directors, officers, agents, affiliates, employees, members, volunteers, sponsors, promoters and persons assisting WWS (in whatever capacity), to organize and/or operate the Event.
2. The Applicant acknowledges and agrees that by participating in the Event, he/she may involve real risks including but not limited to serious injury or even death from various causes including but not limited to over exertion, dehydration and accidents with other participants, spectators, other persons and/or vehicles and hereby voluntarily assumes all such risks associated with participating in the Event and/or any activity associated with it and I hereby consent to receiving any medical treatment that WWS may think necessary during or after the Event.
3. In consideration of WWS permitting my participation, the Applicant for himself/herself and his/her executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors and assigns, hereby releases, agrees to indemnify and holds WWS and each of the persons and legal entities falling within the definition of WWS harmless from and against each and all claims, damages, demands and proceedings arising out of, or in connection with any act or omission of WWS (including acts of negligence to the fullest extent permitted by law) and/or arising out of the Applicant participating in the Event and for whatever reason either during his/her participation in the Event or whilst travelling to or from the Event including but not limited to his/her death or personal injury or illness or damage to or loss of property.
4. The Applicant hereby acknowledges that WWS is a not-for-profit entity and if, for any reason, WWS shall not hold the Event or shall postpone the Event or if the Applicant withdraws his/her Application, or for any reason does not participate in the Event, any fee paid by the Applicant to WWS in respect to the Event shall not be refundable (unless such refund is required by law).
5. The Applicant hereby acknowledges and agrees that he/she shall not join the Event except at the appropriate Designated Starting Point and that he/she shall be at such Designated Starting Point at least twenty (20) minutes before the time nominated by WWS as the starting time for such Designated Starting Point and shall provide his/her name to a WWS official at such Designated Starting Point.
6. The Applicant hereby acknowledges and agrees that he/she must obey all reasonable instructions given from time to time by WWS in relation to the Event including, without limitation, any direction requiring him/her to withdraw from the Event for any reason.
7. The Applicant hereby consents to his/her details being disclosed for any reasonable purpose by WWS including, without limitation, to his/her name, image, voice, results, statements or otherwise being used for publication and/or use in any form of media whatsoever without payment or compensation and hereby agrees that he/she will reasonably expect to receive marketing material via SMS or email, such as information and entry forms from WWS regarding any of its campaigns, programs and/or events.
8. If a Junior Applicant wishes to make application to walk in the Event, he/she must duly complete, sign and submit an Application, and prior to walking must ensure that his/her parent or guardian, shall sign and deliver such Declaration and other documents as WWS shall require.